Interesting note on bushing cauls

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 15:21:42 MST 2008

At 08:08 AM 1/4/2008, Paul T. Williams wrote:
>Hi Israel,
>
>It looks to me like the two caul method is much older than the mid
>80's. That's just when Bill learned about it from Del.
>
>Hey, Del,  Do you know how old the two caul system is?
>
>Paul

I realize that, Paul. So is the method embodied in the Bushmaster -
people are posting about tools they ran across similar to it long
before the 80's. The discussion here, however, started out about the
commercial availability of a product - I believe that whoever started
this thread stated that the Bushmaster was commercially available
before the Spurlock system. And someone else took issue with that.
And the evidence is that the Bushmaster was commercially available
before the Spurlock system. As far as how old the two methods really
are - I don't think it is possible to find out who invented which
when. Any claims to that effect would be unprovable...

Israel Stein