Front lid extended during performance

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jan 8 05:42:09 MST 2008

> I’m not sure why this is such a big deal.

Me either, for the reasons you state. Where I've never seen or
even heard the dreaded rumors of lid hinges being damaged by
this, It's odd that no one has mentioned the very real warping
of the lid caused by leaving it on the prop for an extended
time. I've seen lids that literally wouldn't close under their
own weight, with the warp holding the treble front above the
rim, bouncing like a bobble head dashboard ornament. From
available evidence in lid warpage, lid bottom finish, and prop
and rim damage, a much better case can be made against
propping a lid at all.
Ron N