Baldwin SF-10

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:12:50 MST 2008

Another Baldwin engineering marvel. They use machine bolts around the perimeter of the plate. The plate is treaded, so how do you pull the plate down to the case? When the bolts bottom out on the plate, how do you know the plate is all the way down? Am I missing something here?

Mr. G
Allied PianoCraft
PO Box 1549
High Point, NC 27261
(336) 454-2000
PianoTech at alliedpianocraft.com
www.alliedpianocraft.com

  No surprise at all. Last year The Boston PTG Chapter got Tom Malone of Baldwin Technical Services to give a presentation. While he was happy to give us the corporate spiel, and answer our questions, he was very frank when it came to specifics.
  Such as statements like ... "Well, I'm the only piano technician at the factory." And he was not saying that like he was puffing up his chest, but rather that the workers there are trained to do *one* job and not to be curious about what the other guys are doing!
  And statements like "The SF-7s being made now are really nice! Well, that is, aside from the action ..."
  He also indicated it was a complete waste of time to order any replacement parts direct from Baldwin; "you'll get the same parts and better service from your regular suppliers."
  Patrick Draine