charge for time

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 12:03:42 MST 2008

Steve,

Just as they wouldn't expect a doctor or lawyer or electrician to wait around
a couple of hours for nothing, they have engaged you in your professional
capacity and tied up time you can't be earning money elsewhere. If you are clear
on this in your own mind, you will communicate it unapologetically to the
client, and they will be more likely to understand, and to realize the value of
your time. You can THEN decide if you want to give them any kind of break, but
remember that this is setting a precedent. If you decide to go to the Music
Building to work, at least let them know this is a special favor in appreciation
for your long association with them. There's certainly nothing wrong with
being flexible or generous with good clients, or, for that matter, any client;
just treat it separately.

Bob Davis

In a message dated 1/19/2008 5:47:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,