sound waves/air blowing/wind

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Jan 26 01:08:50 MST 2008

I have really enjoyed reading the answers to this question. So many people answered it in such good ways.
Steve's description below was just astounding. Glad I wasn't there!

Some years ago an EMU employee came to me to have his hearing tested. He was on the road, demo'ing some equipment in a concert in Holland. They were setting up the equipment. He had a new helper, just hired before the trip. The helper plugged the amps in wrong and an enormous feedback sound struck him, threw him to the floor and he couldn't hear at all for two weeks. The helper was fired on the spot.

When the EMU performer got back home, hearing again, he had his ears insured with Lloyds of London. He said that it was just too important to his line of work to take chances.

Diane

sound waves/air blowing/wind
Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:29:56 MST 2008