Kranich and Bach shanks available?

itunepiano at aol.com itunepiano at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 17:56:48 MST 2008

A client of mine agreed to replace shanks on an old Kranich and Bach grand (for his client)??? The knuckles are oversize (taller) and are in a non-standard position on the shank.? I suppose I could take Universal shanks, add a layer to the knuckles to make them taller and either move them or pad them so the position on the shank is correct,?? or...... I could rebush the old shanks (which are black as coal) .....or, use universal shanks as is and try to alter the action spread? (hee hee)? .or is there a source for replacements???? Bob.??