Laminated panels (Farrell)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Jan 29 14:26:05 MST 2008

Grin.... no sooner then I mentioned that panel... Terry produces the
pictures..

Btw Terry... the Rib extenders I mentioned in response to Thumps post
are going on ribs 1 and 2.  Fun getting place for them but doable.
Right now I have a temporary solution with a spring right under the tail
side of that connector rib that joins rib 1 and 2.  Amazing what a few
pounds of upwards pressure in the right spot makes.

While I'm on that subject... I'd like some thoughts on how long I should
make these extenders.  Obviously it would be really difficult to get
beyond the existing rib taper. I have figured for rib 1 about 40 cm
long, 5 mm high glued with the assembly propped up a bit right at the
spot where the rib crosses under the long bridge.

Any thoughts you might have would be quite welcome.

Cheers
RicB