[pianotech] Beat Speed of 5th Decrease in Treble?

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Nov 5 12:00:35 PST 2008

Hi Jeff,

On a Yamaha c3 A5 to A6 has about 7 cents of "stretch" in an octave. The A5
E6 fifth has about 3 cents of "stretch". That makes the fifth wide of pure.
A5 to D6 has about 2 cents of "stretch" leaving it also wide of pure. These
figures are taken from the "demo" piano in Reyburn Cyber Tuner at the
fundemental. (or first partial) A6 to A7 has a whopping 18 cents of
"stretch".