[pianotech] Surcharges

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Apr 1 21:28:38 PDT 2009

Matthew,

I think you've gotten some worthwhile opinions so far.  In the end, it comes
down to what it's worth to YOU.  If YOU want the client, itemizing a
surcharge isn't the way to do it.  If you want to charge a premium, for a
Tuesday, simply quote that price, and recognize the likelihood of you
retaining this client will be less.  If that isn't a concern for you, rock
on.

Most of the time, I find a way to schedule folks so I don't have to work
weekends.  Sometimes I choose to work a weekend (for a client I have a great
relationship with or maybe for a client I WANT to have a great relationship
with).  Of course, then you'll have to deal with establishing a precedent
with that client of working a weekend.  And on, and on.

Ultimately, YOU decide when you work, when you don't, what it's worth to you
to have that job/cleint, etc.

William R. Monroe