[pianotech] once in a while

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 23:48:07 PDT 2009

Last week I tuned a Schimmel grand for a nice older lady, living in a rather exclusive high rise condo in a golf course near the beach. I noticed the dampers were lifting when the hammers were almost hitting the strings, and the rep springs were not doing their job. So I recommended to her that?I take care of this.?She called me a couple of days later and set up and appointment, but asked for references, and "how certain are you that this will make the piano play better". I set her mind at ease that I had done this a number of times, but not here in Hawaii.?

Today?I did the work, and before I left, she said that the action did play?better. I also voiced a few hammers she had marked. I was concerned that she would call me to complain. She has a recital at her house next week, and?said she was nervous.

About two hours later she called me. I was fearing the worst. But, instead, she thanked me over and over,?how much better the piano played.

It's so nice to get those phone calls once in a while.

Wim