[pianotech] justify pitch raise

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Apr 4 00:37:59 PDT 2009

Ron, you gotta come visit to Florida and tune a piano or two. It is not
uncommon at all to find pianos in stable environments pretty close to right
on target year after year. Just yesterday I tuned an old worn-out Baldwin M
in a church in South Tampa - there was one note that was about 5 cents off
for some reason, but ALL the other strings on the piano were within two,
maybe three cents or target.

I've got a Hamilton studio I see yearly that is always within two cents or
target. And the list goes on......

I routinely tell my clients that the modern air-conditioned Florida home
offers one of the most stable environments for a piano.

I don't think I'd much enjoy tuning pianos in Fargo - or Wichita for that
matter!  ;-)

Glad someone does it!

Terry Farrell