[pianotech] justify pitch raise

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 10:56:48 PDT 2009

Ryan,

Really, 20 cents, and you can get clean, stable unisons at pitch in one pass?  I am not able to do that.  In fact, I had been routinely pitch-raising home pianos that were substantially more than 4 cents off until I read in the PTG published pamphlet that the "standard" for when a pitch raise was needed was 8 cents.  I tried that a couple of times, with unsatisfactory results.  So I'm back to around 4 cents for home use and 2 cents for critical situations (concerts and recordings).  How do you do it?

Alan Eder

even if the piano is off by 20 cents I can get through it without an extra charge