[pianotech] Looking for ideas

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Sat Apr 4 01:49:50 PDT 2009

Hi Linda,

The last time I had trouble collecting, it was from a lawyer; and was just
for a tuning, Piano was ancient, and under a lot of glass, high ceiling,
poor environment, they had used everyone in town same story from the other
tuners.  I had to go back right away to touch it up. Anyway after several
months of sending monthly statements, I went to the court house picked up
the forms (or did it on line).  Filled out the forms and mailed a copy of
the filled out forms to the lawyer with a letter of my intentions and how
much he still owed and dropped it at his office.  The next day I was told
to; come pick up a check.  But I had to sign saying I wouldn't take him to
small claims.   I wrote a note with my signature saying that I accepted
provided his payment was good.   I got paid.  I didn't have to pay to file a
claim.  The other time was more money the couple had marital problems.  They
split up after I filed the claim and I was able to put a lean on the house.
I was lucky to know someone who knew the buyer of the house.  Called the
buyer to tell them about the lean and received a cheque from the sale of the
house.  This took about a year and a half.

Lucky both times I guess.

Jessica Masse RPT