[pianotech] good that it is rare

Pianoman pianoman at accessus.net
Sat Apr 4 04:47:04 PDT 2009

Yesterday I did a tuning for a lady who was the recipient of  a friend of
hers paying for her tuning.  It had been over 10 years since it was last
tuned..In small talk she stated that she was 56 years old.  She was an
attractive lady.  Keep in mind that I am a little old (66) guy  who has
grown into the look of what people used to think piano tuners looked like,
unassuming little old guys with nothing on their mind except piano tuning.
In the process of taking it apart to tune she volunteers that she has not
had it tuned for quite a while because the last tuner had made unwelcome
advances to her.  She did not say his name or did I ask.  T
The interesting thing is, that while I was there ,she puts her hand on my
shoulder at least 4 times during my stay there.  This is highly unusual to
me.  I never touch a client, as it is my policy, so it is kind of strange to
be touched  while working.  I often wonder if people who complain about
unwelcome advances give signals that they would welcome it? Have any of you
had this same kind of thing happen?
James
James Grebe
Since 1962
Piano Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Products(
314) 608-4137   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
Researcher of St. Louis Theatre History
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
www.grebepiano.com