[pianotech] Re-Attach leg on Chickering Grand

Marks Piano Service markspiano at att.net
Mon Apr 6 08:22:37 PDT 2009

I have a 96 year old Chickering Grand that I must "Re-attach" the treble end leg on.
The owner said that the piano leg came off several months ago and is just "sitting" in position at this time.
Upon inspection I noticed there are no visible screws on the understand of the leg. Are these screws attached from the inside? Is there doweling used?
Can someone tell me the best/quickest fix for this problem?

Thank you!

Mark D. Montbriand

Marks Piano Service
10576 Webster Rd.