[pianotech] Commercial value vs. sentimental value

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Apr 12 05:33:45 PDT 2009

With respect, I think that is straying into a different issue - the issue of dishonest and inept persons masquerading as capable professionals.  Just the same as when a person unable to adequately tune a piano takes someone's money for doing so.

If a person without the ability 'to do even the most basic repairs and restoration' claims he can make the piano sound and look "like new", and takes money on that basis, that is fraudulent.

I am afraid there will always be frauds. But dealing with them is surely a rather different issue from the considerations we've been airing in this thread.

Best,

David.