[pianotech] OT - cycling in Grand Rapids?

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:13:34 PDT 2009

Any good trails for mountain Unicycling?

Terry Peterson

Accurate Piano Service
UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:55:05 -0500
From: paul at bruesch.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] OT - cycling in Grand Rapids?

I'm wondering if FL - MI at 55-60 wouldn't be a bit hard on the bearings and free-hub/freewheel??

Also, since now some of us might want to try to figure out your mass, what kind of weight distribution on that?? It looks like a recumbent, so I'm guessing it's not 50/50 (which would put you at over 300# !!)

I'm considering bringing my road bicycle as well... but I'd want to put it inside my car as my only rack is roof-mount which would wreak havoc on my gas mileage. Also gotta get some miles under my bike shoes first, so's I'll be able to keep up!!

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

As in excessive wear? I haven't noticed anything unusual
in that regard. Keep in mind that when I ride the bicycle there is in the area
of maybe 170 lbs. on that rear tire. When I tow it there might be 10 to 15 lbs.
on the rear tire. I keep speeds below 60 mph - and I don't tow it all that much.
Really seems to work quite well.

Terry Farrell