[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 12:31:13 MST 2009

I've replaced literally thousands and thousands probably tens of thousands
of these stupid plastic elbows over the years.  What a dumb design.

You mean to tell me that none of you people have experienced any of the
replacment sets breaking again either from faulty material which there was a
lot of during one period of time many years ago or, as they aged again?
Gee.  Musbenice.  I've had so many of them re-break and I do not mean just a
few either, dozens and dozens that I finally stopped recommending the
plastic "space age" snap ons.  It really doesn't take all that long to shove
out a pin and stick on a wooden replacement instead.  Maybe double the time
or so.  Never to break again.  That's my main goal.  If it's going to be
replaced, replace it with something that I know, will not re-break.
Something that will work correctly.  If it is worth it that is.  If not,
time for a new piano.  Like I said in another post, I don't do that kind of
garbage anymore anyway but, if I were to do it, I would still do it with
wood.

Yat Lam Hong has been recommending using only wooden ones for 30 years.
Perhaps for the same reason as me.