[pianotech] Pre-tuning preparation

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:28:04 MST 2009

I know we've talked recently about how long it take everyone to tune a piano. My problem is getting ready to tune a piano. Greeting the customer, getting all the tools I need out of my bag, taking a reading on the temp and hum, taking a reading of the piano for my ETD, writing all the info on their bill, etc, etc. It's taking me about 15 to 20 minutes. What do you all do? How much time does it take everyone to get ready to tune? Am I wasting to much time?

Al