[pianotech] pitch raise

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Sat Dec 12 20:10:34 MST 2009

Using Tunelab Pocket, I overpull 15% in the bass, to a maximum of 5 cents, 25% in the midrange and 32% in the treble, with a maximum overpull of 25 cents in both these ranges.  I've done a couple of pianos in the past few weeks that were more than a semitone flat.  In these cases, I simply set an offset of 5 cents in the bass and 25 cents in the rest of the piano, and didn't bother to measure individual notes for overpull.  I find it interesting how much of many of the notes end up very close to the final target, even with such an unrefined initial pass.
Floyd Gadd
Manitoba Chapter