[pianotech] Bosey and DC install--undercover question

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Tue Dec 15 21:13:59 MST 2009

Hi Diane,

I've done my last three installs "under the beams" with undercovers. Feel
free to contact me for help.

At 06:02 PM 12/15/2009 -0800, you wrote:

>Did you install anundercover as well?
>Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
>imatunr at srvinet.com
>www.mothergoosetools.com
>

>Joe,
>
>  No, I haven't installed an undercover--yet.  There were discrepencies
about whether one could be installed over the under-beam DC installation.
The first, enthusiastically affirmative reply from DC tech support
encouraged me to make the sale.

>  Then I saw on the website that it can't be installed over an
under-the-beams installation.  Finally, Randy in technical support at  DC,
said that it could be, but wasn't recommended for first time undercover
installers--that's me.

>  I would like to have a nice, controlled environment in that piano
because of the extreme pitch swings I have been dealing with.