[pianotech] How to tune a Winter spinet

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:11:45 MST 2009

I like tuning those spinets.

First, your customers have no great expectation. (It always sounds better than it did before you started)
You can tune them up quickly. (Spending a lot of time is a waist of time)
And finally, If they are tuned in the same month every year, the tuning holds up well and they don't sound all that bad. (of course there are exceptions!)

I'm quite surprised, how such a cheaply made piano can sound as good as it does if it's well maintained
This statement is made by a Steinway snob.<G>

Al