[pianotech] c clamp

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 28 20:21:38 MST 2009

  Hi,Brian!   There is a simplier and faster way to do this operation.
It was in the Journal a few years ago and last summer I showed it to
Jim Bisby,maybe,he can describe it better then me.....Just cut-og=ff
the Pedal pivot Pin,inlarge-drill out pivot hole to accept knurled
part of the pin
 From the Top of the Pedal drill a hole and tap it to accept a set
screw 8/32" or 10/32" and this set screw will keep pivoting pin
secure... Makes re-installation of the pedal a breeze...This method
was introduced by late Herman Koford,RPT from Los Angeles area....
hope ,it helps... Isaac