[pianotech] Tokiwa, renner, steinway?

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 15:25:31 MDT 2009

Was wondering who has replaced Steinway wippens with Tokiwa Steinway-style wippens? For those who have, I'd like to hear your review from a quality, and especially fit standpoint. This would be for a 1961 L. I know many prefer renner everything, but I just really wanted to get opinions of the Tokiwa steinway-style wippens. I'm told that the renner has THREE different size options for the SAME model & year, in order to get the most perfect fit. Is this true?

Also, if anyone has used Abel "natural felt" hammers on a Steinway, i'd love to get opinions on those as well. I hear that they need less voicing and no pre-filing compared to other brands. Thanks!

Terry Peterson

Accurate Piano Service
UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!"