[pianotech] Slow drop fallboard hinge for YC

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Thu Apr 29 15:20:39 MDT 2010

Al -
Just to clarify - are you trying to retrofit one of these into a
piano that never had one, or replace a broken one?  I was curious why
they wouldn't supply one to replace a malfunctioning one, so I spoke
with John Chang also.  It sounds like they have never had a report of
a bad one, and don't see any benefit to facilitating the opportunity
to otherwise screw-up one of their pianos, which sounds like what Don
Mannino at Kawai was proposing as well.  If you are doing a new
install, Jurgen's sounds like your best bet.
David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY