[pianotech] New RCT for sale

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Wed Dec 1 20:23:50 MST 2010

>I could be completely of base here but my gut reaction says that it may not
be RCT but all the rest of - windows - software that has to be bought - OVER
AGAIN - if you
>are still on XP.

>Most existing XP programs have problems running on Win 7.

>My 2 cents,
>Duaine

Coming from someone who, I think, does not own a copy of Windows 7, I am
quite surprised that you would say such a thing.

I have yet to find a program that does not work with Windows 7, whether it
was written for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, or Windows Vista.  I use
software on my Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit) computers  every day that was
written for Windows 98, and other software that was written for Windows XP,
and there have been no issues that a simple change to the compatibility
settings in Windows didn't fix.

There is hardware that does not have drivers for Windows 7, so perhaps that
is what you were thinking.  That, though, is the fault of the hardware
makers, because there is a limit to how much they will spend to keep old
hardware working with a new OS - they would much prefer to sell new
hardware.

Don Mannino