[pianotech] Is CA accelerator necessary?

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Dec 3 05:00:05 MST 2010

Good responses so far on why not to use the accelerator. There are a couple
of instances where it is judicious to use acclerator- but only after you've
let the CA soak as long as you can. If you are treating a vertical piano
laying on its back or a grand that is flipped upside down, then mist
accelerator over the pin field or holes to set up any left over puddles of
CA that didn't soak in. Otherwise, those puddles will turn into drips when
you right the piano, and one universal law when using CA is that drips
always go where you don't want them.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____