[pianotech] Item found inside pianos

Gordon pnotnr at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 19:08:06 MST 2010

I once found a couple of porno magazines in a piano I had been asked to haul away.  I was just going to dispose of the piano, so I started taking case parts off, and there they were!  What made it especially awkward was that the owner was a fairly close friend of my mother.  I assumed the magazines were hidden there by this friend's children, (long since grown and moved away).  But I also suspected this lady's husband.

I took a couple of case parts out to the truck, and when I came back into the house, the magazines were gone, and the husband was in the room, but he wasn't sayin' nuthin!!   I kept quiet too.

Gordon Large, RPT
Hallowell, ME