[pianotech] Item found inside pianos

Daniel Carlton danielcarltondesign at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 21:26:03 MST 2010

Yesterday I pulled the stack out of an old Playotone player ready for
tuning and discovered a single diamond resting on the keyboard. The
lady of the house came into the room and I asked her to hold out her
hand. I then placed the gem into her hand, and the tears began to
fall. She had lost the diamond out of her engagement ring two years
before, and had no idea where it had gone. One happy customer I can
tell you.

That's a great story. It's always nice when that stuff happens.
I've found two dead and mostly decayed mice or rats in two different
pianos. Mostly bones but some decayed flesh too. Smelled like daisies.
I also got a call from a lady that complained about not being able to
play most of the keys. Under the keys were mounds and mounds of dog
food, pillow stuffing and scraps of fabric.

Daniel