[pianotech] Speed setting on Player, was middle pedal

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Tue Dec 28 06:45:33 MST 2010

Ron,
I have run that very same call!  I had been called to tune a small player.
After I tuned it, I played a roll for the customer before I left. A couple
of weeks later, I get a call - rolls will not advance.  Over the phone, I
suggested she check the tempo lever but she didn't know what I was talking
about.  Upon making the service call, she said the grandkids had been there
and one of them must have moved the lever to the "O" position as she never
adjusted the tempo, she always played the rolls all the same speed and never
paid any attention to anything but the "Play and Reroll" levers!  Go
Figure!!!

Ken Gerler