[pianotech] rock solid for how long?

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 04:20:43 MST 2010

 David writes:

 She does pay me to come
over and touch-up a few notes, but jeez, to get up, load up,
drive over, touch up notes, pack up, & drive back oughta be
worth at least $50.  I hate to charge that much each time, and
feel guilty that my tuning didn't stay perfectly solid.

Why? You make your living turning tuning pins. If a customer needs it tuned more than others, that is is a high profit customer. Keep them, charge them, it is what we do.
And guilt over lack of perfection is a recipe for depression. Don't do it! Our time is the ONLY thing of value that we possess, when it is gone, it is gone forever. If we are lucky enough to find customers that want lots of it, we should be glad we still have it to sell, but we aren't supposed to give it away.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT