[pianotech] Ethics of prop sticks.

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jan 9 09:04:14 MST 2010

Yup, yup. I may be fragrantly insipid...I love that) but....
  Another alternative is to do what Dave & Willis Synder suggested.
 On many occasions I have taken the original stick and routered out a slot as per more modern designs and added a short stick to it. This preserves  the original is intact and become more functional.
  On My Own B I simply bought a new stick. One thing to keep in mind is that many of the one peice sticks were longer than the modern version and if you like that simply modify the original. It doesn't require all that many brain cells to accomplish this and it a neat and tidy solution.
  Dale