[pianotech] Ivory

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:49:56 MST 2010

Ah, of course - the relatives! They probably just saw the same show that
I saw on TV about poaching in Africa. They were quoting $1000 per kg for
tusks, so ring-a-ding-ding, let's cash in!

No, as ivory can't be melted down and re-poured like gold, old keytops
have no value; there is very little else that can be made from them that
I can think of. Why have you removed them? Because they're no damn good!
Give them as many as they want. I'm sure that lots of list subscribers
would be happy to send them as many as they want also. I wonder how many
are in a kilogram? If they find someone that will cash them in, let us
all know.

Scott Jackson