[pianotech] 35 year old Chickering

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 19:11:45 MST 2010

Greetings list,

The music director at a church asked me what I knew about Chickering grand pianos--I said that I thought they belonged in someone's living room. A church member would like to donate a 35 year old small grand. I started in business in 1982 and worked for a dealer that carried some of those Aeolian pianos, but I don't remember much about them. Were they problem ridden or just unremarkable?

Thanks for your information and opinions.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois