[pianotech] age-old question of what to charge for almost nothing

Brian Trout brian_trout at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:48:41 MST 2010

I do like the "good will" attitude of "just do it" and call it active advertising.

But if you do charge for your visit, and it really wasn't much out of your way and didn't take long at all, you could always offer some kind of coupon for $XX off their next piano service.  It's sort of a way of saying, "Yes, I have to charge you for the house call, BUT, you'll get part of it back when you call me again (by using this coupon for a substantial discount)."

Personally, I'd rather just do it than deal with the future discount.  But it's an idea.

Brian