[pianotech] pneumatic soundboard press?

jiimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 09:11:50 MST 2010

I'm upgrading my rib press.

A couple of questions:

1-I had a discussion with Bruce Clark a while ago regarding the stopping
the hose ends. His suggestion  was folded rather than plugged ends, as
the plugged ends can turn into projectiles.  I like this approach as it
seems to be simple, safe and cheap. It requires an air fitting though
that attaches through the wall of the hose (other than a schradrer
valve), but I can't remember what that fitting was. Anybody have a lead
on what this through the hose wall fitting might be?

2-There are various choices of hose material. What material has been
appropriate?

3-In use, does the  hose have a tendency to squirm around as its
filled...seems like it would.  If so how do you control it. Seems like
the ends of the hose have to be allowed to slide as the air is applied.

4-hose pressure from what I read is 45ish.Correct?

Jim