[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 07:16:47 MST 2010

I will admit to writing in pianos.  'Twas a warning to any other tuner who would try to tune some school pianos. (blonde S&C consoles)

Virtually none of the pins in the bass section would hold.  I (in chalk) marked big arrows on the top of the pinblock showing the range of the problem and designated them Lautrec pins.

When they built a new school and they emptied out the old, those pianos somehow disappeared... oh darn.

Conrad Hoffsommer

BTW, that might have been an old sailor's parrot, (perhaps deceased parent?) before the current piano owner was blessed with it.  Most sailors I knew could outdo any parrot... ;-}