[pianotech] Kimball pedal bracket-Nylon/plastic

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Jan 25 16:40:56 MST 2010

Claude Harding wrote:
> Thanks, Ron, for the explanation of procedure.  I seem to have a gift for
> making the simple complicated; you seem to have a gift for making the
> complicated simple.

You're just not lazy enough. Despite overwhelming evidence to
the contrary, some naturally existing physical principals are
actually helpful when you're trying to get from A to B, hoping
to bypass -G en route. This is just a variant of the double
drilling thing, with two halves of a rectangular kerf standing
in for the pilot hole. Simple.

> I will try your procedure.  A 5/32 drill bit will be about the right size.
> All my 5/32 bits are 3 1/8 in. long, and I need to drill a 3" deep hole.  If
> I need to , I can countersink a hole in the ends of the blocks so my drill
> bit will reach.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.
> Claude Harding

If it doesn't work, I was out of town and this was an impostor!
Ron N