[pianotech] One Pass Pitch Raise

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Thu Feb 3 06:12:30 MST 2011

List,

In the early morning hours after assimilating some of the latest
   information to pass across the Pianotech List, it crossed my mind
   that the definition of a "one pass" pitch raise is perhaps not so definite
   in the minds of others as one might thought, especially
   with regards to the recent example of 300 cents flat.

I don't know if a definition should come about, but it is certain the door
   has been opened in my mind that there are different opinions as to
   what that is and the expectations of it.

My initial elementary definition would be this:
Each tuning pin gets one visit only from the tuning lever
   regardless of methodology, until all have been manipulated.
   to a so-called desired target.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
pianostuff.kamcam.com