[pianotech] CA pinblock with tight bushings

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Mon Feb 14 16:29:16 MST 2011

Joe,

Thanks for your experience, and your encouragement.  I'm going to try it
if the customer decides to go ahead.  I'm curious why the long drill
bit.  I figure 3/8 depth of hole plus about 1" of exposed pin, a
standard jobber's bit should be long enough??

Keith, I suppose this is just personal preference, but I'd rather drill
228 holes than flip a 6' 6" grand that's sitting on a stage truck.
Thanks for the reminder about turning the pin - I have done that in the
past, and it did seem to help, although it doesn't help tuning stability!!

Dean, if this project flies you'll get your report!

Mike