[pianotech] CA pinblock with tight bushings

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Feb 14 17:10:32 MST 2011

> … Keith, I suppose this is just personal preference, bit.
> >  but I'd rather drill 228 holes than flip a 6' 6" grand that's sitting on a stage truck …

If I might suggest something?

Rarely are all 228 tuning pins too loose.

Why not drill and CA glue only the areas which are bad? It's not like no
one
would ever be able to do some of the others later, should they need it. Nor
does the job require a whole lot of gear. One drill with bit, an extension
cord, and one small bottle of CA glue ...

Why not do it piecemeal? Are you dedicated to the idea of always doing
THE WHOLE THING because of love of CA fumes? You can't reach the proper
concentration for pickling your liver treating only the bad areas of the
block?
Or maybe you just like to spend hours and hours on a job like this?

Get the bad ones, and maybe a few neighbors of bad ones; you might not need
to do more for a decade or longer.

Susan Kline