[pianotech] price-negotiating customers

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 00:41:13 MST 2011

A local tech, when told of someone who charged far less for a tuning,
replied: "Well, he knows what his work is worth!"

In the past, I have had potential clients who came from cultures where
bargaining is the norm. After much pondering, I have chosen to say that I am
not offended that they ask, but competition keeps my prices fair and they
are not negotiable.

David Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA