[pianotech] price-negotiating customers

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 08:25:22 MST 2011

The best thing to say is: "I'm sorry I don't discount my fee.  In fact,
since I haven't ever seen the piano and don't know it's condition in all
honesty I can't even promise that there might not be additional charges if
there are things to be done that are beyond the scope of my basic tuning fee
such as regulation, pitch correction, replacing missing strings, cleaning,
for example.  Also, it would hardly be fair to my regular and long term
customers to offer a discount to you when they gladly pay my full rate,
don't you think?"

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com