[pianotech] animals interrupting tunings

Loren Kelley kelleypiano at nventure.com
Wed Jan 12 09:34:40 MST 2011

At one of my tunings, the owner had a small parrot(?) that was out of its
cage.  It hung out on the candelier for maybe 15 minutes then would fly to
another perch for a while.  Then it landed on my shoulder and the owner got
all apologetic and took it off.  I told her I didn't mind, and she had a bit
of trouble trying to get  the bird off.  She said that the bird liked men
with beards (I have one).  After about 10 minutes the bird landed on my
shoulder again and hung on tight.  She couldn't get the bird off.  I said no
problem, and in fact it wasn't.  The bird hardly ever chirped and it was
sort of fun.  I was able to continue tuning.

After about a half hour, the husband came home.  He had a beard.  He was
able to coax the bird off.

Loren Kelley