[pianotech] A432 Tuning Fork

Albert Picknell pnrfqsnrk at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 20 10:55:20 MST 2011

--- On Thu, 1/20/11, Susan Kline <skline at peak.org> wrote:

> I've ordered a number of John Walker tuning forks
> (generally A=440) and not had a bad one yet.

I've ordered (and received) three John Walker A-440 forks at once.  No two were at the same pitch.  One was several cents flat, one was several cents sharp, and the other was very close to 440.  Since it was obvious to me that exchanging them would be a waste of time because the forks as shipped could be anywhere from 438 to 442, I just filed them to get them all to 440.  That was almost six years ago, and since then they've been stable and reliable.

YMMV,
Bert