[pianotech] Fw: Tuning, was advertising

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Thu Jan 27 01:31:04 MST 2011

On 01/27/2011 02:16 AM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:
> Again, how many - years - is it going to take for you aural tuners to
> accept that the technology of ETD's are here to stay
> ????????????????????????????????????
>
> DAMN THIS ARGUMENT AND NON-ACCEPTANCE (OF ETD'S) IS GETTING MIGHTY OLD
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Duaine
>
> You are totally out of line here. There is nothing wrong with using an
> ETD. I use one every day, as do most RPT's.  But until you actually
> know how to tune aurally, which you admit you don't know how to do,
> you will NEVER know how much better an aural tuning is. You might be
> satisfied with an ETD tuning, but that doesn't mean it's better than
> an aural tuning.
>
> Wim
Wim, I am - NOT - TOTALLY - out of line.

I guess I have to start naming names, like Susan Kline, can't accept ETD's.

Now you are really pushing my buttons - you know as well as I do, that
the differences between aural tuning and ETD tuning - IS - EXTREMELY -
SUBJECTIVE.

SO, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, DAMN THIS ARGUMENT IS GETTING OLD.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years