[pianotech] Fw: Tuning, was advertising

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Jan 27 11:14:36 MST 2011

How is the aural tuning going to compete with the recorded and stored tuning that has
been used and tweaked numerous times in a process of refinement that is unavailable anywhere else?

Ed

This is the difference between a strictly ETD tuner, and one who knows how to tune aurally. To tweak the machine, the ear must be used. Once that tuning is in the ETD, it will reproduce it over and over. But to get there, the ear must be used.

This is what Duaine doesn't seem to understand. He thinks whatever the machine tells him is the end product. He doesn't have the aural skills to refine the ETD tuning.

Wim