[pianotech] The big discussion

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Fri Jan 28 12:29:22 MST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 9:45 AM, Ryan Sowers wrote:

> … I'm not "running from it". I have actually told my clients that some day I may show up with one. But like yourself, I believe I will have "earned the right" to use it.

Ryan,

What you say here has a nice ring to it, but it is a fallacy.

In the Piano Technicians Guild the only thing that requires "earning the right" to use
   is the designation Registered Piano Technician.
The right to be an Associate Member is paying dues.

The right to use an ETD is the simply the price of purchase.
Fork over the bucks, and you've earned the right to use it.
Heck, with TuneLab, you don't even have to do that to experience it.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
pianostuff.kamcam.com