[pianotech] Counts .......

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri Jan 28 20:37:15 MST 2011

On 01/28/2011 09:01 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> On 1/28/2011 7:54 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> YES, my mentor, who is an RPT and used to tune aurally for 30+ years -
>> now - for close to 15 years - uses Cybertuner.
>
> An RPT?!!! You must hate your "mentor" on sight then (presuming you've
> actually ever seen her), considering your history of exhibited
> pathology against anyone even remotely suspected of being an RPT. Does
> this poor schlub, presuming she actually is aware that you're blaming
> her for yourself, approve of you in any way whatsoever? Has she, in
> fact, even ever heard of you? Should she send you a goody basket in
> appreciation of your on list representation of her efforts on your
> behalf, I heartily encourage you to eat all of the funny looking
> mushrooms, and as much of the basket as you can manage. Enjoy.
>
> Ron N

Ron, first, you are base because it is a - he - and not a -she.

Second, I am so tired of having my words twisted.

I am - not - against RPT's as such, I'm against the RPT's that are
arrogant to say that there is no room for ETD tuners. And that ETD
tuners should not be allowed in service until they pass the aural tuning
test. As well as not being "professional" enough.

And, now, not that I need to defend my mentor, but you are forcing me to it.

My mentor, as previously stated, was an aural tuner for over 30+ years.

Pianos - and - Organs - and - some times as they play together.

To - save - his - hearing - he moved to the use of Cybertuner.

This decision leads to - much - less - noise - having to do all the
different checks and tests involving harsh tones are diminished

As well as the frequency of these harsh tones diminishing (if tuning a
lot of pianos in the same day)

BTW, we both sing in the same barbershop chapter.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years