[pianotech] [OT] Higher Logic & Correction

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Sat Jul 2 09:25:03 MDT 2011

Dale,

I'd like to form an opinion and let my RVP know what I think, but can't
do that without more information.  Who do I need to ask, and how do I
need to ask, in order to find out which of the software issues HL is
working on, and when each task will be completed?  Everyone I've tried
so far has ignored or deflected my request for info:  my RVP, the
project manager, all board members who monitor this list, even you have
attempted to deflect my query with a guilt trip about joining the board.

Predicting the future is risky business, but I'll give it a try:  Next
week at Council, with a compliant audience which is much more PTG-L than
Pianotech, there will be a presentation summarizing the correction and
improvement work being undertaken by HL.  Discussion of a motion to
continue with HL forums will be limited to 8 minutes, and the motion
will pass.

If the info will be available for that presentation at Council, it
should be available now for all Pianotech participants.  If we knew what
HL is working on, and when they have committed to roll out the
revisions, then we could make an informed decision on how to tell our
delegates to vote, and also let our RVPs know our opinions.  I'm
optimistic that many of us would support staying with HL if we only knew
how hard they were working to make the necessary corrections and
improvements to the software.

A careful read of the various negative posts of the last week reveals a
common theme:  that the Pianotech participants feel undervalued,
disrespected, and underinformed.  All I'm asking is that you bring us
into the discussion, share existing information, and make us part of the
decision process.  It shouldn't be that difficult.

Mike